Feb 6, 2009

Leave the poor guy alone!

http://adscam.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/yes-facebook-will-show-a-profit-eventually-perhaps-maybe-who-the-fuck-knows.html
Basically this dude got me thinking...Please go to the link and then come right back here...

Hmm...so whadya think?? Is facebook worth the hype?? Are all the facebookers maniacs/losers/depressive/whatever?
Well, have read two-three such super facebook-anti posts and went into a thinking mode..
I thought a lot. And I came to a conclusion that we actually need to leave the poor guy (Facebook ofcourse) alone.
In the sense that it is after all quite a good way to keep in "touch". I know some people do get overboard with pooch's pics and all but then the normal users use it pretty decently and to their advantage.
For example, I don't have a digicam. Recently, I went for this Goa trip with a bunch of friends and there were some memorable, hilarious, fun, tacky, nonsensical moments. Obviously, I told everyone that I am taking pics from them...In the next few days after our trip, the Facebook was flooded with around 6-7 albums for our Great Goa Trip...And being the smart girl that I am ;), I selected all the best images from all the albums and made my own Great Goa Trip album. So that was an example of wise use of Facebook!!!
Another example, you can always check out he profile/pics/info of your latest crush/fun crush and feel stupid/silly/happy/lusty/lovey-dovey/whateva!!!! Flirting is also not so bad on facebook...go there and post some fun comment on the wall/pic (Ok poking is a little silly)
For that matter, even the Status Message (criticised by lot of anti-facebook guys) is not such a bad thing after all.. You can actually use your creativity to write some fun/intelligent status line!!

So, one can make "intelligent" use of the portal. So all ye anti-facebook guys please give the poor thing a break.

PS: The only thing I agree with is that it might not be able to monetise because till date I have never paid attention to any ads. But I am sure the Facebook guys can think of little more innovative ways to earn their butter (and bread)!!!

4 comments:

Strange Colour said...

i want to be little diplomatic here.. that guy is right too.. i dnt knw why do people upload their doggie's photos..??? but yeah ..if somebody can make a senseful use of facebook, then facebook is good ..!!!

Plain Vanilla said...

typos, typos, TYPOS
get a dictionary!!!!

Sowm said...

I don't care who says what. I like facebook cz I can stay in touch with family and friends. I can be updated of what's going on in their lives and also can update them about mine. I like the security and profile revelation features.
Regarding the question if facebook is gonna make money or not... that's their problem. I will just enjoy what they ve to offer :)
And to all the anti facebook people - if you don't like it then don't use it. Simple!

payal.k said...

rock 'n' roll: Good point!

Plain Vanilla: Jump into the sea

SB: I completely agree with ya. There are so many people that I can stay in touch with through Facebook, esp my friends who stay abroad including u:)