Aug 13, 2010

Aisha


The promos had made me believe that it will be a good looking movie. The promos absolutely lived upto my expectations. It was surely a good looking movie and by "good looking' I don’t only mean the zillions of beautiful, exquisite, quirky and sometimes funny costumes adorned by the ladies in the film. I liked the overall look of the film. It was shot pretty well. The music was superb. Loved almost all of it.

Now let’s get to the part where I wanted to scream the hell out and slap Sonam Kapoor. May be I am being too bitchy here but seriously there is something very screechy about her, if you know what I mean. She could not really bring the character alive on screen. However, to put the complete blame of the movie not exactly working for me would be wrong and unfair. The scriptwriter has got to take some blame here please. The script was wayyyy too confused. Everything went pretty haywire after the intermission including the wannabe feisty Ms Kapoor.

Anyways, there were some pretty interesting and well played out charcxters there though including the typical delhi ka rich munda (boy) Ranbir Gambhir played by Cyrus Sahukar, the super quirky Pinky Bose played by Ira Dubey and last but not the least Bahadurgarh’s gift to Delhi, Shefalee, played by Amrita Puri.

And poor Abhay Deol. Felt bad for him almost throughout the film!

No comments: