Jan 28, 2011

Only 25 and above!

So for my first drinking session after moving back to Delhi about six months back was at this place called Q'Ba in the heart of the city (Connaught Place). I was just settling down alongwith two friends when a sweet waitress walked upto me and showed me the menu. "Ma'am, these are the six mocktails that you can choose from." The naive and worried me quickly asked her why isn't the bar serving alcohol. Its not a dry day my sweet friend. To which, she said that "we serve alcohol only to people who are over 25 years of age." (I'll come back to this point later with a sharp and incisive critique) and I said, well, don't worry, I am 26 (I am 26!) . Then that absurd fool, not knowing who she was messing with ;) said, "Now, Are you really 26 ma'am!!!!" with a stupid mischievous smile.

I swear I wanted to punch her left eye so hard that it became a disgusting blue colour. What kind of condescending behaviour is that! Can't you just simply request to see someone's id!! Whats with all the offensive behaviour!!! Fools. However, I was forced to calm down by the two friends who were in splits at my expense.

The second part of the argument: Why, for the love of devil, would you make the drinking age to be 25 in Delhi!!! Do people in Delhi mature a little later than say people in Bombay. So, go ahead, you can f**K whoever you want as soon as you turn 18, but sipping on a glass of chilled beer is a task that requires an enormous amount of maturity and deep thinking that, ladies and gentlemen, can only be acquired when you become 25 years old in Delhi!!!

I rest my case!

1 comment:

"A"ustin said...

Rotfl just happened.