Mar 22, 2011

House Hunt

So like I mentioned somewhere else on the world wide web, I am currently engaged in a roomie hunt or a one room kitchen house hunt. One of my closest friends/current roomie is leaving town to get married to her sweetheart. This leaves me with no one to share the pretty expensive but insanely lovely apartment with.

I have always been scared of sharing the place with a stranger roomie. So initially I thought that I would find myself a small little place. However, staying all alone scares the hell out of me. Yes, I am weird! And more than any other philosophical reasons, I am one of those who suffer from a mild case of insomnia and thus can be woken up by the most silly noises doing their rounds in the middle of the dark nights. So I either sleep with the lights on, sometimes even with the TV on on occasions when I have to stay alone. Anyhow, I am ready to overcome this as my last option. (I have only two options, I just realised) So lets get back to the first option. Getting a new roomie. To keep life simple and uncomplicated, I want only a girl as a roomie. And as me and one of my closest friends/current roomie realised that we are not very gifted in having a lot of female friends (I have no idea why) and definitely can't think of someone who could be my next potential roomie.

But in any case, I had spread the word and one contender did drop in like the ray of a bright shiny star in the black of the night. She loved the house apparently and was satisfied with my answer to her question "If I had any sort of issues" (I think I had convinced her that I am not a psycho and I am myself a practitioner of all the evil vices that possibly could exist so basically I don't have issues) She however found a bigger better place in the better Bandra West. So I am back to square one.

And the lazy bum that I am, I find it painful to call brokers and then actually go out to sort out my life. And my current apartment and me are so in love with each other that I am finding it pretty hard to break up. Its the best home in Bombay that I have ever stayed in :)...And let me not even into the amount of memories that I have here...Anyhow, I guess its time to de-sentimentalize a bit...And move on!

No comments: