Aug 25, 2007

Ivory Tower

The ivory tower has lost its sheen.
Its glasses are cracked,
And I am tempted to break them.
Eyes had been satisfied with a glance,
But now the tower looks submerged.
Almost like a mirage.
There is not a drop of water,
But a flood seems inevitable.
The road that led me to the tower,
Has gone the other way now.
I kept looking thorugh the window,
Could hear your cracked and dry hearbeats.
I wanted to break open the gate...
It was intriguing and I held my breath.
I tried to break leaves from the tree outside,
They were brittle and collapsed in my hand.
I rubbed it in my palm the entire day.
Waited and like a mad woman at times.
But now the tower scares me.
And I am tempted to break the glass.
I know you are sleeping
In the dark corner of the tower
And I will have to find you.
Are you free inside the tower.
Or am I bound sitting in the air outside it.....
ME

No comments: