Aug 1, 2008

Thanks to the fuckin viral fever and a grand spider bite, I couldn't blog since such a long time...Can't believe that I actually missed it...Leme start with my fav topic: movies...Saw two Hindi movies lately and hav to say that I am quite impressed ...Though we have had quite a number of mavericks lately but still there was this divide between commercial and art cinema...The last two movies that I saw the overpublcised Jaane Tu Ya jaane Na and Pritish Nandy's Ugly aur Pagli were the new-age light hearted non-conventional fun movies, clearly targeted at the youth. Another commom factor that struck me about both the movies is that atleast one of the characters of each movie breaks the stereotypes so amazingly...The dude in Jaane Tu is a completely non-heroic character very very hard to find in Hindi "commercial" cinema... and the details of his character are so finely etched out...The babe in Ugli aur pagli is an ALCoholic..as in thats the central point of her character..again, something unheard of in hindi "commercial" cinema...Ok i think m getting into an analysis mode...But the point I wana make is taht the youth is craving for such movies....Its almost like watching Friends....atleast you can relate to it...Anyways the movie I missed was Dark Knight...Really wanted to watch it but sacrificed it for my mom who is here for a few weeks...Anyways...

2 comments:

Sowm said...

Dude! you should go watch that movie sometime. It's really good. AND be fair enough to watch it on IMAX :)

phantasmagoria said...

yes, it's definately a must watch. although, it gets a bit slow in the middle somewhere.