Dec 3, 2008

An ode to "study table"

I recently had an experience of a real “small joy” in life. I realised that something was missing in my life since the time I shifted to this Lower Parel flat...My diary entries (in an actual physical diary) had taken a backseat. I was taking donkey’s years to finish the books that I was reading.

So there was something wrong...And just few days back I figured that I spent last one year without a “study table”...I know it might sound really childish but a study table has always been an almost indispensable part of my life...Back home in Delhi, I have spent soooooo much time on a study table pretending to study, reading newspapers,magazines,novels, making cartoons, painting, cursing the world, dreaming,dreaming, dreaming, sometimes actually studying and most importantly flowing the ink of my thoughts on paper (the thing I love most in life)...Even when I came to Mumbai, I stayed at this Parsi guy’s PG where we lived in a rat hole kinda place but our room was huuuuuge and most importantly we had the good ol' study table there...not one but two of those lovely creatures..And so my tryst with the “study table” continued...

However, I missed it badly since last one year....But thanks to this friend/colleague of mine who told me that she is getting new furniture at her house and wants to dispose off her computer/study table. I gladly accepted the offer.


This is the inaugural post at the “study table”

3 comments:

Strange Colour said...

liar! u always used to sit on the bed..!!!

phantasmagoria said...

wow. i've jsut eralised how much i MISS my study table...sigh.

Plain Vanilla said...

Regarding said table, we have received a complaint involving bad treatment of said furniture. You are hereby requested to return to rightful owner.