Jan 5, 2010

Bohemian Rhapsody


Credits for the title:Something just reminded me of this awesome song by Queen. More than I like the song, I love the title…Bohemian Rhapsody..There is something inherently interesting and intriguing about it. So I decided to use it for this post that I have wanted to write. Here goes.

Intro:I have always been very conscious about what I put up on my blog when it comes to prose. Verse is too personal but it is layered so I guess that’s ok. This post is sort of a personal diary entry but, how shall I put it, quite universal in nature.And a sort of personal New Year Resolution.

Body Copy:After 20, one of the central themes, especially of girls’ lives, is love. Now love is a highly subjective term. All of us are looking for different kinds of relationships/non-relationships in life. As I traversed the first half of my twenties, I had all kinds of chic friends. Some who have been in relationships, some who broke up and patched up again, some who have been in relationships since donkey’s years and some who have not been in relationship for the major part of twenties and are perpetually looking for that someone they can relate to. Now obviously, zeroing in on something as gigantic as that involves a lot of experiments. Some feel that they are perpetually “unlucky” in “love”.

I realized that more than guys, this is the most important part of women’s lives (and this drastically increases post 25). They are just so obsessed with finding that someone special. While, it is important and nice to look out for this amazing person but what disheartens me is that sometimes and in some cases it becomes the be-all and end-all of existence.

I have seen really cool, super-intelligent, super-talented, super-independent women also falling into this trap. And it is just so terrible. And I am not getting into any sort of feminism zone here. It can be the same with guys. It is just that guys as a specie don’t really reveal their emotions much (for some weird idiotic reason) so I am not in a position to comment on that.

I just feel that this is just a part of life and there is just so much beyond this. Being single is highly under-rated. Ok honestly, I am not a big fan of the 'Sex and the City' sitcom (HONESTLY..hehe) but there is this one scene which I really like. This is where Carrie says that people always celebrate your relationships with other people. There is no gift/occasion for celebrating the fact that you are single and that’s because you didn’t marry the wrong guy and fucked your life!

Closing Lines:

It would be great when you find that someone but till then there is just soooo much more to explore!

No comments: