Feb 24, 2010

Old Monk



I am not much of a brand person but over the last few years one brand that I have been particularly in love with is Old Monk. There are very few brands which inspire such a strong group-ism and solidarity amongst the users and one of them is surely our very own Old Monk.

When I was first introduced to Old Monk, it was a sort of an experiment of trying out rum for the first time. After that there have been many sorts of brands/drinks that I have tried, tested, liked, hated, wasted! But there is just no one like Old Monk.

Initially, I often wondered why people who drink Old Monk are so obsessed with it. Now there is nothing to explain and nothing to understand. It’s just a feeling. You and the other person who is equally devoted to Old Monk simply know why you both like OM. It’s a cult.

I have had countless good memories attached with Old Monk and I am sure there are many more crazy lovers of Old Monk like me.

Hail Old Monk.

3 comments:

notgogol said...

why did u delete my comment :O
i had made some nice fancy comment on old monk! (or mebbe it wasnt saved :P)

But yes, i was saying - why Yellow Boots?

payal.k said...

Nah...not deleted any comment...it musnt hav got saved..do post the "nice fancy" comment again plz!

Yellow Boots: Its just a sort of dedication to one of my MOST fav director Anurag Kashyap's upcoming movie :p

notgogol said...

Lol. I would if I could. But I really don't remember what it was. In a nutshell, it was a hailing of the Monk, I think?