May 6, 2010

Ek haseen ittefaq

The only incentive of accompanying my friend for her boring meeting with someone was a cuppa coffee at Prithvi Cafe. Even though I act all cool and non-chalant, I am star struck whenever I see really talented actors meandering in Prithvi Cafe.
This time, however, I had more than my share of star-struck-ness when I see one of my MOST favourite actor sitting right across me at the dimly-lit and soaked with flute-music cafe-It was none other than Naseeruddin Shah.















For the first 15-20 minutes,Makrand Deshpande's back averted any direct eye encounter between me and one of my muses. After Deshpande left, my eyes could only look at the ground and I was conscious of my presence as an awkward geeky looking ordinary speck in this talented little universe around me.

My ears were quickly trained to block all other sounds except for the conversation he was making first with a young girl sitting next to him and then to another talented actor Suhasini Mulay (has a number of films to her credit; she plays Akshaye Khanna's mother in Dil Chahta Hai and essays a very impressive role of a politician in Gulzar's Hu Tu Tu).He mentioned something about going to Coorg soon for a shoot :)















I am definitely one of the strong contenders for Naseeruddin Shah's biggest fans ever. I can claim to have seen atleast 90% of his movies. The most recent one has been Aakrosh featuring him alongside stalwarts Om Puri and Amrish Puri.



I think it will be foolish to even talk about his acting skills or his talent. I have always had the hugest crush on him. Not only he is super duper handsome according to me, he has always in a strange way inspired me.

No comments: