Jul 15, 2009

Malaysia Diary



A visit to Kuala Lumpur and Taman Negara in Malaysia to attend Sony Entertainment’s press conference and behind the scenes tour for their latest reality show ‘Mujhe iss jungle se bachao’ is an assignment totally meant for a genius like me.

On top of that, god gifted me for all my hard work and dedication when I got to know that my friend Priyanka was travelling with me.

And of course, the trip had to be a riot with two super-cool people travelling together and so it was. So this is a brief version of all the hard work I did for four days for anybody who is interested!

Day one: Reached KL early morning and it was a one hour drive from the airport to our swanky hotel Crowne Plaza. Our guide for the way, Amarjeet, had a pretty good sense of humour. He tried his level best to excite us about the next few days to come and told us how Tandas is the Malay for Toilets, and Thanks you is teri maki...something something which are very similar to the Hindi versions of these words (in some way or the other).

Anyways, after breakfast, two hour nap and then lunch, I was ready to explore KL. The first day was kept for sight-seeing and shopping and that is exactly what we all did. Saw city’s two main attractions Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Tower. Our new guide was pretty pathetic and intolerable. As soon as we announced that we would like to go shopping as sight seeing wasn’t really possible because it was pouring pretty heavily, he seemed pretty mad at us. Anyways, the plan worked! He decided to drop us to a mall after Petronas. After that it was shopping, shopping and some more shopping. Dinner and sleep.

Day two: Left for Taman Negara (130 year old rain forest) early in the morning, where we were supposed to take the jungle tour where the production team is shooting for the show. It was a five hour drive and then a two minute boat ride to reach the resort. Me and Pri bumped into our old friend Sami and then we all basically went mad! The jungle tour was fun..too many steps and too much walking. And I totally loved it! While on the trek, there were thought bubbles near my head that I should be fitter.

The only disappointing bit was that it didn’t rain in the rain forest and I did not see any wild animals in the jungle. Only heard stories about monitor lizards, pythons and wild boar roaming in the resort where we were staying. Went for another random boat ride at night and took some pictures at some desolated god forsaken place and then back. Then giggles, gossip, food, coffee, giggles, gossip and sleep.

Day three: Back to KL in the afternoon after the drive through the greens. Two hours for some sight-seeing (KL Tower) and some coffee at Starbucks before we leave for the press conference at another hotel. Back to our hotel in the night and then to Hard Rock Cafe where we happened to see a local kiddie band perform. Good fun!

Day four: Slightly gloomy in the morning because the trip was finally coming to an end. Had to fly back this evening. However, it was a well spent day. How? Shopping! And yeah, a haircut too.

13 comments:

Plain Vanilla said...

actually you should have been one of the contestants:-p

Sowm said...

Damn you are having fun :) good for you girl...you should post some more pictures!

notgogol said...

oye, when was thou in KL? Check last pic in latest post to see why I ask.

payal.k said...

@Plain Vanilla: Get lost..hehe

@SB: Hey sweets...have posted pics on facebook...

@notgogol: Thats interestin! So was that a stopover flight or did u stay back for few days ...i was thr from 6th july till 10th July...
BTW even though u havnt amswered my question bout ur job but m super jealous of u cuz u get to travel sooooo much! :p

notgogol said...

the least you could do is post a comment on my pics.. but NO.. tsk tsk.. :|
I spent a day/night at KL. Have been there before so didn't be all touristy this time. I was in an Industrialized part of Malaysia (Johor Bahru - right across the S'pore border) for a couple of days.
Read a comment of mine on the same post. I've explained my 'job'. Sigh!
I have a lot of reading left on your blog.

payal.k said...

@notgogol: Check check check my comment on ur post :)I wanted to go to Singapore for two days from KL but dint work out! Neways, what u upto these days? travelling?
N yea..do read the posts..hehehe :)BTW I have just quit my job so will be writing more of the boring poems :p

notgogol said...

Abe S'pore jaajaake pak gaya huun. Trust me. Its a sad city. No character at all. If u need holiday tips in Asia, I'll give u. But SG, HK, Bangkok etc. na re na.

no man. Working like a dog man. Was frust in life so, I had taken a while off to go travel. I'm still frust. Bored of mon-fri work like a dog. bored of binge drink on weekends. bored of people. bored of colleagues. I need a break from the cycle. I should perhaps quit too? U were suppossed to start a writing meet/club thingy with ur blog na. Do that! Quick and call me.

Again, more prose less verse. pleejh :|

payal.k said...

hahahaha...yea...u sound pretty bored man! quit quit quit...hehe...

Travel tips are always welcome..Infact, this year i want to travel in India..have few places in mind including Leh, Kanyakumari and Pondicherry...

btw we shud catch up sometime on the weekend!

PS: I saw this play Blackbired today...Really awesome...u must watch it!

notgogol said...

no man.. Can't quit.. need continual financing for butter chicken, bai and beer :) So how's life post quitting?

Spend a YEAR traveling?? nice :) u've got balls!

Yup, we should. Add on gtalk with time, date, place, alcoholic content, noise level etc.

P.S. Have watched it. Actually was almost yelled at by a friend who accompanied me - "We meet after a whole year and you bring me to watch a play on paedophilia? tu kaunse level ka chu***a hai?" - were her words :| I did not know that the question was rhetoric and said "pata nahin" :P

payal.k said...

haha...not a year travellin man! I meant i want to go to these places within this year..still workin actually...servin notice period...and working on my new drastic career move...pretty thrilled n scared!

notgogol said...

drastic career move? are u becoming an NSG commando? U should. I've heard its awesome. U can jump out of planes and all. u were supposed to set up weekend literature-bitchin-beering session. watever happen to that. swine-flued?

payal.k said...

hahahaha...ya...NSD sounds great...will think bout it ;) lets try and catch up this Sunday...teme ur gmail ID...:P

Winbox said...

Thank you for sharing valuable information in your blog. For Android/iPhone games in Malaysia download the app and enjoy the games
Winbox Register
Winbox Free Sign Up
Winbox download