Jul 30, 2009

Love Aaj Kal!

I happened to read Imtiaz Ali’s interview in Platform_ magazine where he talks about his myriad experiences and his rather “inexperience” of cinema that makes him to show things as they are-real. I can vouch for that considering I loved the pristine quality of dialogues and an amazing sense of realism even in the kind of typical boy-meets-girl love stories-Socha na tha and Jab We Met.

Then he went on to talk about his latest movie Love Aaj Kal which is due to release tomorrow. I am surely looking forward to watch the movie because I really like Ali’s style of direction and also because of the theme of the movie which is about love relationships in today’s times.

Well, this just got me thinking about the theme of the movie itself. I apparently might be the most inappropriate person to comment on love relationships because I have never ever been in a proper relationship. However, as I am a good observer, you might find my take interesting ;)

I am not writing a thesis here but all I feel is that somewhere, the idea of romance itself is undergoing massive reconstruction and the version that is slowly emerging is not attractive at all. The depth and passion is slowly evaporating. We hardly hear of any crazy (good) things being done or small little miracles. May be I am too much of a Romantic but I just don’t see the poetry of romance being translated into the prose of life!

I have often been told about the “rules” of how should you behave when you have just started dating and how there are certain things that you should do and obviously certain things you should never do in relationships and blah blah blah. May be I am born in a wrong era but I hate structures and especially when it comes to your heart, impulse is the only thing that matters.

4 comments:

"A"ustin said...

Even i want to watch it.... just for Deepika Padukone!

(however looserish that sounds, it's the truth!)


oh ...and i'm the 'rule' guy, so i don't exactly know what to comment on the rest of what you've written.

notgogol said...

I must stop saying I must read this :| I am literally 'spamming on ur blog' - im Slogging! :|

payal.k said...

@Notgogol: Slogging!!!!!!!! hhehehehe...Mad!

payal.k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.