Dec 2, 2009

Rajasthan Roots

Few days back when my friend (who was born and brought up in Jaipur n now stays in Mumbai!) had told me about Rajasthan Roots band gig happening at Blue Frog, I wasnt very excited. Even though my mom and dad have strong connections to Rajasthan, I particularly am not that fascinated by the place.

Yesterday, after a rather long day, I was trying to cook up a story to bunk the gig for which my friends were going. In the end I thought about Carlsberg and decided to go! Once we entered the "blue" blue frog, I was in for a very pleasant surprise.

Rajasthan Roots was a phenomenal experience. Most of the stuff was instrumental and was truly fab. They played two songs (that I heard): Banjara and Ali and took my breath away. It was really nice...Folk music infused here and there with electronic. And the lead guy had amazing voice plus he was an expert in the clank wooden thing instrument (I have no idea whats it called!)

Check out one of their performances here

1 comment:

phantasmagoria said...

cook up a story? It's simpler to just say No. hehehehe