Sep 22, 2012

Comeback. And recommendation of the week.

"I'm always making a comeback but nobody ever tells me where I've been." Billie Holiday.

I can't even begin to tell you how I stumbled upon this beautiful line from Billie Holiday today. But probably this was all I needed. She is one of my most favourite singers ever.

This time, I will make notes while I am away, instead of going through references. They might be incoherent. Incomprehensible. I might be dazed. But this time, I probably will remember something about the place I am going to. I would, for example, definitely know its exact distance from predictability.

So I guess, I will see you around when I am back.

BTW, Recommendation of the week: Yann Martel's Life of Pi, the book.  Been my best friend since the last fifteen-twenty days. Martel and Pi Patel are great storytellers and great survivors. Really looking forward to Ang Lee's movie now.   

“If you stumble about believability, what are you living for? Love is hard to believe, ask any lover. Life is hard to believe, ask any scientist. God is hard to believe, ask any believer. What is your problem with hard to believe?” 

No comments: