Mar 30, 2013

Photographing Love

 "Angelo Merendino, from “My Wife’s Fight with Breast Cancer.” “In September, 2007, I married the girl of my dreams; five months later Jennifer was diagnosed with breast cancer,” Merendino told me. “Throughout our battle, we were fortunate to have a strong support group, but still struggled to get people to understand the difficulties we faced daily. I began to photograph our everyday life, hoping to show the reality of living with this horrible disease. As time passed, trust grew, and at a certain point Jen stopped feeling like she had to pose, she was just Jen…happy, sad, silly, or whatever she was feeling at that moment. Now that Jen has passed, I look at these photographs and I feel our love.” (New Yorker)


Just when I started asking questions like 'Is being in love overrated?', I stumbled upon this.

Check out the entire slide show on New Yorker.



No comments: