May 3, 2013

Work and Love

It is not like I have not been passionate about work before. God, devil and all my ex-bosses (hopefully) know that I have. Experimented a lot, I have. 'This field is very fluid and I love floating from one part of the sea to the other' has often been my bumper sticker. More often than not, work has more or less been fun. However, that void and that continuous voice that 'This is not exactly what I want to do' persisted. It is not like there would be anything I would want to do for the rest of my life, except for drinking wine. Okay I will finally put a thread around my vague outpourings.

I am really happy with what I am doing right now. Even though they make me work on two Saturdays and report to work at 9 freaking 30. On some mornings, I even exaggerate and tell myself that this job is probably why so many things conspired, juggled up, zig-zagged and led me to this. And this is what I am really meant to do. Like I said, I have always tried to love what I do but this was the perfect marriage. Checking out creative work all day long. Talking to graphic novelists. One of them through a skype chat between India and Berlin. Talking to designers, to photographers, to illustrators. Looking through people's sketchbooks. Doing stories for the dotcom which are not "news". No numbers. No stupid data. Open field. More often than not, Open Minds.

Right now, I am completely in love with my work. Never thought I would say it out aloud. But you know me. I am the kinds who shout from the rooftops when they are in love!

BTW, those who don't know, I currently work for this design magazine 'Kyoorius'!



 

     

No comments: