May 6, 2013

Things I learnt over the last weekend

-Spanish men have the potential to be rude when they are drunk.
-You can trip and fall and have a nose bleed, all within the confines of a tiny studio apartment.
-Liz Lemon is right. Always right. About everything.
-I am not good at consoling people. I never have the right things to say.
-You can learn a lot about the world when out grocery shopping. I met an old man who said something really poetic and beautiful "paidal chalte chalte duniya dekhne ko milti hai" (You get to see so many things in the world just by being out for a casual stroll). I also overheard the conversation of this guy who is extremely poor, has two wives and one child. One wife is in his village. And one stays with him in Mumbai. Also, my vegetable grocer, this really cute little woman, is also from Delhi (my hometown). Yup. Learnt all this from one veggie shopping trip.
-"Home" is just a concept and is pretty overrated.
-Right now, you can get a pack of Oreo biscuits free with a pack of Tang.
-If there is a bandaid on your nose, most people on the streets look at you in a highly strange way. Probably, some of the creative ones also come up with some possible wacky stories in their heads.


No comments: